FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:23 pm
davidsc111

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I'm a Platinum AAdvantage member and every single time I request an upgrade from my bank of 500-mile certs for my companion (same itinerary, different Record Locator) the request doesn't stick, they are getting an error message at check-in, and their name does not appear on the waiting list at the gate. I will call and always be told they are on the list, but they never are when I go to the gate.

Efforts to call to get this fixed have been fruitless, the telephone agents can't see the issue, and either can't or won't transfer me to someone who can see the issue. A request to have this apparent problem with the upgrade programming for companions written up and given to the web programming team have been met with "it is not possible", no one can contact them, no we can transfer this information to someone who can get it to them, etc. answers.
Had this problem PHX - OGG about a month ago. Went to the club and the AAngel fixed it. My wife then showed up right below me on the upgrade list. The nice part is we did get the upgrade. I don't travel a ton in coach with my wife so this is the first time I had it happen and figured it was a glitch. When we came home we had the same problem but know one on the island of Maui had any idea what I was talking about. So no upgrade on the red eye home.

The next week I stopped by the club and asked what they had done so I could reference it if need to in the future. She said it is an ADC...whatever that means. But if I ever have it happen again I'm gonna throw those 3 letters out like I know what I'm talking about : )