FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:50 pm
ZoomVT

Originally Posted by pinksalsa
Personally, buying stickers (even though at $30 each) is nonsense.
$30 for what? A business class domestica with no IFE, old seats, a $10 boring food, and couple of drinks? No way! For me, that's not business.
Id rather spend (at airport before boarding or in the restaurant before airport) a real GREAT meal for $40 or $50, and forget about eating a $10 meal in the plane. (A $10 small no variable meal which costs $30 per 500-miles?!?!?!!).
How in da world would i pay for such a robbery? A robbery that can cost even $120 for a pretty short flight (3 stickers for a 1,500 miles flights).
I do the math, and it makes no sense for me.

My only stickers are by way of actual flying. If i dont earn them flying, I dont buy them.
I think that's a perfectly reasonable personal policy but one size doesn't fit all.

Personally, the jfk-lax flight is one that makes sense to use stickers. The price difference between discount Y and J is much greater than the cost of 5 stickers.

It's not about the meal or even the PDB, the hard product + the extra soft product is worth the stickers to me.

I can't possibly be the only one that thinks so. And to some people even upgrading short domestic flights makes sense in their mind. I wonder if those that do use stickers are stocking up. I wish I could earn them fast enough but I don't.