FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holidays fare to Mexico (seem high currently - buy or wait?)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:59 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Back when I was a student, I couldn't fanthom ever flying upfront. "Who would have that amount of money"?? Or "What a waste of money"!! But now, I don't blink plopping down thousands of dollars to fly J or F. In fact, it dreads me flying at the back of the bus
Oh, me too. I fly plenty of F, just selectively, as I don't do a ton of miles each year. Work travel is regional/mid-con domestic, maybe once a month, and almost always in Y with the occasional complimentary or selective 500-mile sticker upgrade when I get lucky. I don't do any long-haul for work. Personal is a couple international trips a year, long haul in J or F with miles, and some domestic weekend/weeklong trips, either Avios Y (less of a good deal these days), paid Y, or AA redemption Y/F. I was just saying that I don't buy F fares off the shelf.

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I don't know about weirdo fake F fares. The fare codes AA displayed to me were "A" and "I".
I was referring to the -UP fares: Y with instant upgrade. I'm not an expert because I don't buy F (or purported F), but I thought the "I" code was one of these?