FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:00 pm
808lostin619

Hyatt has me so confused regarding this resort. I booked two nights in April in a pool view king. I figure I'm a Diamond and planning to apply a DSU so what does it matter. Just called Hyatt to modify the reservation and apply my DSU and...

First, I asked to pay for 1 night and use points for the other. The lady says they do not have my room type available for points so I will have to check into the pool view king my first night (paid) and then move to a standard room the second night (points). Oh, and the standard room is a double room. Okay--this is weird but I'll keep going.

Second, I ask about using my DSU and she responds that DSU's are not applicable to free rooms paid with points. I have never heard this policy before. So I then ask her to apply it to the paid night. According to her system, no suites are available when on the Hyatt.com website there is a Hyatt Ziva suite available. She says the DSU only applies to specific rooms on the property.

I have never had this much trouble at any domestic Hyatt resorts. Is this normal for the Ziva? Or was calling in the evening a bad idea? The lady did sound like my grandma and I got the impression that pushing buttons was not going to help my cause...