FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 16, 2:00 pm
Seat 2A

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
65. This airline operates more 727-200s into London Heathrow than any other.

As I remember, there weren't altogether that many European carriers to take delivery of more than a dozen or so 72S jets ... how about Iberia?

The 727 was operated by all of the national airlines from the four major southern European countries. However, per the schedule I have available to me, very few 727s from these airlines were operated into LHR - especially compared to the airline that operated the most.

Please - guess again!

66. Identify the four airlines that operated nonstop 747 flights between Miami and London.

I'm kind of surprised our London colleague hasn't weighed in on this ... I'll start with Pan Am (since we know from Q61 they didn't have TriStar 500s at LHR), and BA is of course a likely suspect at LHR also; Virgin Atlantic also seems reasonable as I believe MIA was one of their first destinations (service from LGW); drawing a total blank on #4, but maybe Tower Air tried the MIA-LHR route for a short time?

You're off to a great start, J! Pan Am, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are all correct. Given Tower's presence at MIA, they're an excellent guess as well - though in this case an incorrect one. It was a different airline...Now then... which one was it?