FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai First Class vs Business Lounge
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:04 pm
jackiedada

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
So in a couple of weeks I will be travelling to SIN. On my return flight I have an 8+hour layover in Dubai (short enough that it doesn't qualify for Dubai Connect).

Am debating using points to upgrade my DXB to ORD flight to First using points and one of the main draws for me is that it will give me access to the first class lounge in Dubai (obviously personal suite etc is nice).

Is the First class lounge that MUCH nicer than the business class lounge? Was there last week and it felt like a cattle car full and bustling. Are the food offerings in the first class lounge noticeably better? Are the bathrooms and shower facilities (thinking about freshening up before the 14 hour flight to ORD)?

Would love to hear your opinions and guidance.

All the best!!
The A F lounge is similar to the A J Lounge. The B F lounge is noticeably nicer than the B J lounge. Food in the J lounge sucks. Not that the food in the F lounge is anything out of the ordinary but much better than the J lounge. Plus you get a-la-carte dining which is a nice personal touch.

IMO, I don't think it merits an upgrade to F just for sampling the F Lounge at DXB. However, if you haven't experienced EK F, provided there is upgrade availability on DXB-ORD, then it might make sense.

If you aren't able to upgrade your flight to F, and if by chance EK235 is departing from a B or C gate, see if you can get entry into the J lounge at A - you will have a much better experience.