FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best hotel in Bali?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:27 pm
brisbane

Best hotel in Bali?

Planning on being there for 5-6 days as part of a honeymoon trip in late Dec 2016/early Jan 2017. I understand weather is not ideal in Bali at this time of year but want to stay somewhere that maximizes sun/minimize rain (ie I've heard Ubud is rainier than the beaches).

I'm currently booked into the Alila Villas Uluwatu but am wary having taken a closer look and seeing a repeated theme in recent reviews that guest rooms are in need of refurbishment (eg cracked tiles, loose/broken items, dirty/worn furniture) and there are lots of intrusive visitors/events.

Priorities are lots of privacy; large, villa-style accommodations; and nice views or a nice beach. Secondary would be quality of food and proximity to cultural attractions, but really, I don't think we should have to sacrifice any of these at our price point.

Ideally, I'd like to keep things at US$1,200/night or less; of course, the lower the better if I don't have to compromise.

The Amankila seems to be the best; however, the pool suites are out of my price range and I'm not sure I'd feel I'm "missing out" in a "simple" Ocean-View or Garden room. The FS Jimbaran Bay also looks very nice, and I trust FS having stayed at quite a few, but it seems like a large hotel (100+ rooms). But bottom line is there are way too many hotels at or above my price range, and who knows the next time I'll have a chance to go back.