FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:49 pm
Micp3208

Programs: UA 1K
Route: DFW-EWR
Flight: 1927
Date/Time: Feb 21 13:49
Seat: 1E (A319)
Meal: Lunch

After boarding we were offered a PDB and then shortly after take-off the flight attendant came around with the nuts. They were in the ramekin but they were ice cold. As soon as she was done passing them out she offered an additional beverage and then began taking meal orders. I am not sure what order she went in, but she started with me (I'm just a gold) and my travel companion then finished up the other six passengers.

Our options for lunch were salad with breaded chicken or a chicken sandwich and side salad. Both options came with a fruit plate. I took the salad, and gave my friend the chicken, it was like a cold chicken cutlet. My salad was spinach based with cheese, but was barely enough to fill me. The chicken sandwich was warmed, but it had cheese and what looked like one spinach leaf and a red pepper on it. The side salad with was delicious thanks to the lemon vinaigrette dressing.

By the time the last meal was handed out the flight attendant had starting passing out the cookies. They smelled good and tasted delicious but fell apart in your hand because they were so soft.

The entire cabin was done with their meals and we had just under two hours left in the flight. Seemed like a very rushed service. Drink refills were offered. The meal was decent but the portions seem smaller and the lack of bread or soup is probably what makes it seem like not enough food.

How about the warm towels? I had them at breakfast on a 752 but not on the E170 or A319. Consistently inconsistent?