FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:33 pm
zitsky

Originally Posted by wrp96
2 hrs and 20 minutes is a good connection time at LHR, MCT is 90 minutes so you are well above.

If for some reason you did miss it, it would depend on the reason. If your flight from RDU is extremely late then you likely would be met at the top of the jetway by someone from AA who has already arranged your rebooking or is there to help you get rebooked. If for some reason you messed up getting over to T5 (you won't) and didn't make it to the beginning of security by T-35 then you would be stopped going through security and directed to a BA customer service desk to rebook. If somehow you made it to the gate at T5 and still missed the flight, again you will be redirected to a BA customer service desk to rebook.
Thanks. I am not used to that level of customer service for something like a missed connection. I normally fly United, sometimes in front, often in back. I don't remember United ever doing that for me, someone with no current status.