FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:45 pm
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F.
I believe it is relevant. You would think 1Ks have more pull than a non-status customer.

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Well seeing as JACEWR is double catered I'm inclined to believe that there is more to the story. Did the FA tell the OP they'd have to pay or was it a matter of they didn't actually have any in Y to begin with?
At first the FA wasn't familiar with the drink. All of a sudden it clicked and she went in back to check if they had any. She came back, waved it at me, and said that they're $12.99 (or whatever they cost). I asked, "Even for a 1K in paid F?" She confirmed. I told her I didn't want it if I had to pay for it and she turned away and brought it back into coach. That was that.