FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:39 pm
AndrewM

Originally Posted by cyborg
This is the problem with how united is implementing the security questions. They should contain answers only you know. The entry for an answer should be blank, filled in by the user and encrypted (communications and storage). By forcing us to choose from a preselected group of answers you are more likely to have them known by others if you have a strong preference for one over the others. If you have trouble choosing an answer from the choices presented then you are more likely to forget. Writing the answers down is a no no like with a password. Another problem I have with the use of preselected answers is the potential for profiling customers to shape product offerings and pricing. I prefer to use my own answers that are random and unique, easy to remember while not useful to others.

V/r,

-Cyborg
The first major city I visited not listed..Guess the answers are UA centric..I doubt if they listed all the cars manufactured in the world nor all the fruits of the world...