FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:41 pm
wwhh85

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Think about it. Recent data points were that the W->WE conversion was still working. Only one data point from today implies it may have just disappeared. Thus about a week ago (around whenever MaxVO applied) everything might have changed. Thus if you can't rely on most recent data points for W->WE, why assume you can rely on recent data points for anything else? Other things might well have changed at the same moment that W->WE apparently went away.

Thus I think you might have to wait for new datapoints (from about today onward) for them to be "recent enough".
Definitely fair point. I was just thinking if the pre-qualified route could be another way to churn the card, and it seems less discussed in this forum. That said, given that the pre-qualified offer has no mention of the 18 month, it would seem a little more reliable? Please correct me if the above statement is inaccurate; I am new to this and eager to learn from the more experienced.