FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:46 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
When the CSR answered he asked for the APP ID. As soon as I gave it to him he said the card had been approved and told me the credit line. I then asked about the bonus and he said let me check. He confirmed a 50K bonus with $3K spend in three months.

I wasn't doing this for myself. I already had the letter confirming the bonus and the spend is complete. The purpose for my call was to demonstrate to others that you don't need the card number to confirm the bonus--the APP ID is sufficient. For those who get a letter and the bonus is not mentioned, this is one way to verify whether they will get the bonus or not.

And my question to the CSR got the same information as yours would have.
No, it's not the same. There are cases in the past where people were told they "had" the 50000 bonus with $3000 spend around application / apporoval time, and then it turned out they didn't qualify for the bonus. The information about the bonus being 50000 and $3000 spend is on the application form, and they can see what you used to apply, so it doesn't prove you qualified for the bonus. Only information specific to you, which would be the date by which your spend has to end, would prove that you qualified for the bonus (when talking to someone at an early stage like that).

So you proved nothing, because other people have asked that question before, been told there was a bonus, and ended up not getting the bonus!