FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:49 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Overheard in the BA Galleries Lounge at JFK this morning...

"I do dread these trans-Atlantic crossings. They're soooo long!"

Departing from New York, I figure a good tailwind might get you into London in about six hours. By contrast, my upcoming flight - departing in two hours, is scheduled for 16 hours and five minutes nonstop. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it!

Which brings us to my current predicament. This is a rather sudden trip - I didn't even know I was going until a day ago. It won't be long - just five days - but it does mean I won't have access to schedules as part of my response to your answers - if so desired. I will however have internet access - including inflight upon my return aboard Emirates - so aside from the next 24 hours, I shall endeavor to provide timely responses to your responses.

On a positive note, thanks to an abundance of miles this trip will be First Class all the way - including a flight aboard one of the last remaining Cathay Pacific 747-400s, now relegated to intra-Asia flights. As an added bonus, I'll log my 5 millionth mile flown while somewhere over the polar regions aboard an Emirates A380 enroute to SFO from Dubai.

So - keep those answers coming and - if you'll allow me twenty-one hours of flying plus a bit of sleep at the end - I'll be back with responses tomorrow.