FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:26 pm
dstrahm

Why use the changing table, there's two empty seats

First time I've experienced this on a flight, and also for the 20 year veteran FA on the flight. Family of three, one of which was a toddler about 4 years old board our WN flight from Denver to Houston. Flight was only about half full so plenty of open seats. Near the end of boarding there's a commotion at the back of the cabin. The father apparently decided to change his sons diaper but jumped the gun, his son wasn't finished with his business - not even near finished. As a parent myself I can attest to malfunctions like this happening with kids, although I would have retired to the lav to take care of the change.

But dad figured he had empty seats so why bother going to the lav, just do it in the spare seat. I didn't see the actual damage but the FA's comment told all - "I have a German Shepherd and he doesn't even poop that much!" According to witnesses it was in the seat as well as on the floor. And what did dad do about it? He did what any other self respecting father would do (NOT!), he just simply changed seats and left the mess there! If that wasn't bad enough he didn't tell anyone and one of the boarding passengers steps right in the mess. That was the initial cause of the commotion.

Several ground crew members stepped aboard (in haz-mat suits?) and took care of the mess, and the lady's shoe. Never a word of apology from the father. Luckily the "fragrance" never seemed to make its way to the front of the cabin but I'll bet the folks in row 25 and beyond had an uncomfortable flight. Where do some folks get their manners and sensibilities?