FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:36 pm
diamond club freeloader

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Staying here tonight. First impressions:

Great location. Handy to a couple of tube stations, and lots of decent-looking shops/cafes/restaurants very close.

Checkin process fine - got the cookie, and the Diamond welcome, wifi code, but (as others have mentioned) no drinks voucher. But, upgraded to 'superior' room.

The room (on the top floor) is fine. Small, but renovated and clean. Bathroom tidy but tiny. Wooden venetian blinds on the window but no curtains - not sure how good at light-block that will be! Agreed that the trendy lighting system is a damp squib.

Welcome amenity 2 bottles of water & 4 chocolates. Also offered the 20% F&B discount. But I really don't think I'll bother...

Breakfast was quite decent - unlike others' experiences I found it to be entirely acceptable. A reasonable enough DT-standard hot and cold buffet with a good a la carte menu including eggs benedict, french toast, omelette, porridge and egg variants (and it was made clear to me that as Diamond I could order anything from the menu without charge).

Tonight was ~£100 so I can't complain ... but I suspect that I'll only come back if it's this cheap again when better alternatives are much dearer.
Attached Images    

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Feb 16, 2016 at 2:27 pm Reason: adding breakfast comments