FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:32 pm
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My YKF - ORD flight cancelled day. Inbound diverted to YYZ. Wanted to get rebooked out fo YYZ, but they said the routing has to be identical if they do that (so YYZ-ORD-DFW-DEN).

THat seems pretty lame. The 6am flight out of here is booked tomorrow morning, so I'm stuck here until 3pm. As an american, that's not great as I don't have phone service. Unfortunate for me.

The gate agents here also say they can't add me to the standby list for the morning flight...because "they don't do that here"

YKF also doesn't do distressed vouchers. Looks like I'll be sleeping here overnight.

Found a way for it to get worse:

The cafeteria outside security is closed today, but the one (about 30 feet away from me inside security) isn't. But Canadian security won't let me through with my now expired boarding pass to get some dinner.

One last misc complaint - the voice recognition system for my aadvantage number is atrocious. I think I'm about 2/45 on it understanding me.

Last edited by BThumme; Feb 15, 2016 at 3:42 pm