FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:47 pm
moogsonskates

Hello, after reading through many posts in this thread, I'm trying to confirm how a T3 (American Airlines) to T5 (British Airways) connection works when I've purchased the flight from Miami to London, and then separately purchased the British Airways flight from London to Paris.

I arrive at 8:40AM at T3 in London. I have a 1:05PM from T5 to Paris. So, 4 h 25 minutes to go from one to the other. Unless forced, I will not have any checked luggage (all within measurements, and have premium economy w/ early boarding so will have overheard space I hope).

Can I use the Flight Connection bus? (And does the answer change if they force me to check some of my luggage?) I've read on another travel website that since I bought a separate ticket that I cannot use the Flight Connection buses, but instead have to clear immigration, go to T5, and re-enter. I understand the Flight Connection buses saves having to clear immigration.

If I check in and print boarding pass to London and boarding pass to Paris in US, do I need to stop at a BA counter and reprint boarding pass from the Paris ticket and get a sticker before I go to the gate? A couple posts ago...it seems to be no. I can do any security questions at the gate, but I'd like to confirm.

I thought ~4.5 hours would be fine even if I had to go out through immigration and come back in...but I then read 5-6 hours is recommended for that.

Thanks.