FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:46 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If no one's contacted Choice Privileges yet (and no has reported contacting them yet), we don't even know if Swedish hotels are gone for award night availability right now, or just require human intervention (like in post #9 it was documented that Japan hotels have required for many months now).

The problem is that Choice may not be able to answer the question theoretically. They may only be able to answer the question when you want to try to book a hotel, and they then look into whether it's really possible or not. So it'll take someone who wants award nights in Nordic Choice countries in the next couple months or so (whatever the booking window is for their status level) for us to figure that out anytime soon.

If you want to redeem for Tokyo, you presumably have use the "tricks" mentioned in post #9. If you've used one of them already, try the same thing for Stockholm. (Then please come back and tell us what happened.)
At least as of bookings made last night for stays last night and/or tonight (using US Choice program points), the only Swedish Choice hotels where I could book were a subset of Nordic Choice hotels within Ascend Collection hotels -- apparently those which were not part of a particular acquisition that brought in the Nordic Sea/Light hotels (and some others) into the Nordic Choice Hotels group.

I've not yet cared to contact Choice in the US (or here in the Nordic region) about the details of what has happened, so I've not tried the Tokyo/Japan workaround. Until next month at least, the only hotels I need here is one for skiing and perhaps one on the eastern side of Sweden -- basically the only two Swedish Ascend Collection hotels of interest to me at this point.