FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M going to length to deny status due to system error
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:26 am
Christefan

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by hdogan
Well, this is an interesting point. If you are *G with Lufthansa, what difference does it make if your MP number is associated with the booking? Even if you're just FTL, you can enjoy all your benefits (except E+) if you just wave your card at anyone at the airport.

Were you by any chance trying to double-dip? Did you book with your MP number, and used it for the feeder flight (to credit to MP), and then somehow changed it to M&M just for the TATL segment?

There are two frequent flyer values on a booking, FQTV and FQTS. FQTV is where the miles are credited; FQTS is which benefits you're using. If you were switching FF numbers mid-travel, what could have happened is that only FQTS was changed (and that's why your BP showed your SEN number - it shows the benefits status and is completely unrelated to crediting) and FQTV was still on MP.

This is why, if your miles are critical to attain your status, you should never ever gamble with dual FF numbers, even at the cost of losing a few benefits.
Your point is well taken. Looking back, you are always wiser..... The point here was that LH reversed the miles the following year when I had no more chance to do anything about it and then made the statement "we don't make mistakes". Since there was nothing that I could have done to make up the missing miles, this became a case for customer care and granting an exception.....based on my history (and loyalty) with LH. But instead they chose to loose a customer....