FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:08 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
Ah I see now. What a let down as I've got quite a cache of Choice points and I've been using them here and there in expensive towns. Mainly Stockholm and Tokyo. Really hope to see Swedish hotels come back available for award nights but I'm not holding my breath
If no one's contacted Choice Privileges yet (and no has reported contacting them yet), we don't even know if Swedish hotels are gone for award night availability right now, or just require human intervention (like in post #9 it was documented that Japan hotels have required for many months now).

The problem is that Choice may not be able to answer the question theoretically. They may only be able to answer the question when you want to try to book a hotel, and they then look into whether it's really possible or not. So it'll take someone who wants award nights in Nordic Choice countries in the next couple months or so (whatever the booking window is for their status level) for us to figure that out anytime soon.

If you want to redeem for Tokyo, you presumably have use the "tricks" mentioned in post #9. If you've used one of them already, try the same thing for Stockholm. (Then please come back and tell us what happened.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 14, 2016 at 8:14 pm