FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adjacent passenger ask folks not to eat,,,,,would you oblige ?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:41 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by Offshore171
Ok but even if she was allergic to all 3, none of those are airborne, and a genuine allergy sufferer would know that.
Based on that comment, I suspect you don't spend much time around people with food allergies. It is entirely possible that some doctor told her "You must avoid all exposure to dairy, wheat and fish" without bothering to give her any clear guidance what that actually means in the real world. I've done patient education for families with a newly diagnosed celiac in household for 12 years now, and what doctors don't know about how to manage that would fill a dozen volumes. I had one woman come to me crying that cleaning the table with bleach after every meal was making the house constantly reek of bleach and was ruining the table. You see, a doctor told her to do that! I explained to her that gluten is a residue to be removed, not an organism to be killed, and damp paper towels would work just fine.

Originally Posted by Offshore171
Maybe I'm just jaded by a recent restaurant experience where I saw a vegan activist behave so obnoxiously, she left several staff in tears...
A vegan was obnoxious, so you label anybody with special diet issues the same way? What's the medical equivalent of racism?