FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:44 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by aneesah
I applied for a southwest premier personal card and a premier business card during Nov 2015 .I got approved for ONLY personal card in spite of having a cred score of 770.
I was planning to obtain the companion pass for rest of 2015 and entire 2016.
So I applied for the SW PLUS PERSONAL CARD last week through the phone.I was told the application went to pending and they will review my application further .
So I called the Recon line today and was told that my application is still in review and they will notify me via mail in 7-10 business days

Does that mean my application is denied?
This has never happened to me after calling the reconsideration line.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, aneesah. A lot of people have been in a situation similar to yours. Take a look at some of the threads in the Chase Ultimate Rewards forum (which covers all Chase cards, not just those which award UR points) and you'll see that Chase has been clamping down on card churners by rejecting people who've opened too many new accounts recently. Moreover, you'll see that the #1 rule right now is Don't Call Recon. The agents there are loose cannons who'll make up reasons to reject you. You're better off waiting it out. Sometimes it takes a few weeks.