FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA "continues to operate in disarray" with unvetted workers and lost credentials
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:55 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
The article blurs the line between TSA and all employees. The issue is with all other employees. There is a lot of buck passing on this issue. TSA runs their employees every 24 hours.
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
What do you mean by "TSA runs their employees every 24 hours"?

I assume TSA does the 5 year background check cycle common to some other agencies.
“Right now we have 900,000 or so people that are badged in some level of access to airports across the nation,” Neffenger told Fox. “They are recurrently vetted – I mean, on a daily basis – against terrorist databases for any information that may indicate that they are people that we need to be concerned about.”
If I take a huge leap of faith and define "Runs their employees" as the equivalent of a cop "running" a warrant check during a traffic stop, the TSA would be essentially doing ~60,000 traffic stops every day. This assumes that all of the TSA data bases upon which people are "run" are updated at least daily in order to be accurate. Doing this 60,000 times per day just isn't happening and 900,000 per day is somewhere between lying and delusional.