FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last Minute Flight Deal?
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:51 pm
miraclebear2003

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by cowens02
Hey everyone!

I know I am going to hear sh*t from everyone for not booking earlier, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with booking a last minute flight with Delta with miles.

I am looking to go NYC-LAS 2/12-2/15 with my miles. The other day (when I should have bit the bullet and booked) they were coming up 25k miles, which I am comfortable setting back for this short a trip. Today, the same flights are 65k miles. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with prices going down significantly right before the flight.

I have made a dummy booking and see that there are still a handful or so seats left on the various flights I am able to take (due to time constraints), so at least I know there is a chance there is a seat still available if I decide to shell out the 65k.

Anyone have thoughts? Any hope for me to book this flight for 25k within 48 hours of takeoff? Thanks!!
I can't believe you didn't take the flight(s) for 25K; that is not a short flight. Do I think it will be 25K again - the answer is no.