FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Facebook/My Vegas Slots
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:40 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I played myVegas ever since it debuted and never heard of people staying at Hotel32/Aria Sky Suites. I can only see this happening if they were assigned a "myVegas host".

I like how they require minimum nights at mLife properties so less people redeem the awards.
Minimum nights ?
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I've got about 600,000 loyalty points and I've pretty much stopped playing myvegas because I can't seem to redeem my points for anything that I find worthwhile. Many of the good rewards are always sold out. Of the rest, many require staying at an Mlife property, and since I'm Total Rewards Diamond I usually use comped rooms at Total Rewards properties.

The program was much more lucrative in the past. My girlfriend and I got things like 2 x VIP tickets to O ($372 value), 2 x buffets at Aria (~$70 value) and 2 x $50 dining credit to Monte Carlo (straight up credit, not a Spend $X get $0.5 * X). Before I got into myvegas people were getting redemptions for free rooms at Hotel32 and Aria Sky Suites. These days I feel lucky if I can get a $10 credit here or there.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that are still a solid value, especially if you're staying at an mlife property. I've used some of the points for attractions like the Shark Reef and Secret Garden and I think those are well worth it, but you only want to visit those every once in a while. I do think the Tender credit is one of the better values as well.
Unless you stay at MLIFE there isn't much use but we do stay at MLIFE properties and plan on redeeming for 2 nights at MGM the week after Labor day plus other freebies.

I play the Shaq slot game as it plays for a while without any human intervention so i set it to play while I ma at work and check it every 1/2 hour or so. Not much effort to get the points.

I mainly bet sports, cashing in some nice NFL team win total bets in February

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I just won't bother visiting their properties (and gambling) any more. Especially since now you have to pay to park too.
Facing Luxor to the right hand side near where the cabs line up there is a free parking lot on the corner ( Vegas BLVD) across from Excalibur

I take a cab from the airport and use the monorail, rental car just takes too long as it's offsite.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 9, 2016 at 6:50 pm