FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time Alaskan Trip May 2016 questions
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:23 am
Melinda Naye

First time Alaskan Trip May 2016 questions

Hello,

I am teaching a class in Anchorage from May 11-15th in Anchorage. My husband is coming with me and we'll stay until May 23rd for our first Alaskan trip. A few questions:

1. Airfare (usually my company books/pays but they will reimburse me for my portion and I will buy). Better to buy now or wait? I know 46-48 days is supposed to be the magic number however I'm a bit nervous to wait as I know what flights I want. (Also;we're going to Seattle first for a day as I have my NEXUS interview there on the 10th)

2. Car Rental: Do I need a all wheel or 4 wheel drive for May? We plan to go to Seward and as far as Denali. Best to book now or later?

3. Seward hotel recommendations?

4. Healy hotel recommendations?

5. Denali: worth it to go for 2 full days rather than 1? We can be there by the 19th and maybe drive into the park for a bit. The Shuttles will start on the 20th and we plan to be on the 7am shuttle on the 20th. We can head back towards Anchorage on the 21st or we can stay and do the shuttle again on the 21st and then head to Anchorage on the 22nd before we fly home on the 23rd.

Thank you in advance for your replies!
Melinda