FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:03 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic bangkok

IC BANGKOK

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not quite sure ???. !!!
On sold out hotel, RA waiting on room 0930 - 1100!!??, then against my better judgement pushed into agreeing to buy upsell to 2-room Exec Suite which couldn't be sold anyway.

I not only ended up paying double my normal rate to book Clubroom for an unwanted corner suite upgrade, but ended up quadrupling usual nightly rate with upsell of Corner Suite (there are 32 of these) to Exec Suite (only 1 of these)

Checkin Timeline -
0930 not getting room right away, take coffee in lounge
1100 still no room, I ask for temp room to shower, watch Australian Open Ladies Final. Told to wait they will look again
1130 Only asked if I am willing to pay room upgrade , no amount mentioned want to show me the room?? !! (In a sold out hotel ?? !! ). Shown the 2-room Exec Suite on 33rd Floor (3322) opposite Royal Suite (3323). Offered upsell rate of 9000bt ++/night on top of the 13000Bt Corner Club Suite goes for versus rack rate of 26,000Bt , just 30% off upsell on sold out night. I turned it down
1145 Offered a 1-off upsell rate 6700++ which I agreed to do

(Note I believe Royal Suite went foc to someone who'd booked the 1-room Premier Suite.)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked - Club Room on Corporate Rate (had moved to Conrad as IC soldout)
PreUpgrade - Corner Suite
Upsell on sold out IC BKK !!! - 9000bt ++ night to 2room Exec Suite

How are the rooms?
Simply two standard 40m rooms joined together, no justification of value for the Suite rate wanted.
2-Room Exec Suite HI view(non Lumpini side, no end view, 2x side windows only)
LIVING ROOM
o Entry Way with wC + wash basin
o Cupboard/storage unit
o Minibar cupboard
Room widens out
o Work Desk+Chair
o Sofa and eliptical coffee table and 2x armchairs
o TV unit
o Split Sliding Partition door to bedroom

BEDROOM
o Usual King Bed and Pillows
o Usual small round table and armchair
o TV Unit
o Recessed wall setup for vanity glass/stool setup
o Usual Storage units again
o Bathroom, same as standard bathroom
(except wall of bathroom-bedroom is glass with electric privacy curtain)

How is the exec. lounge?
One of the better lounges, large, great staff, nice offerings

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Thai fruit wine, screw on cap

How was the minibar?
6x quarter bottlws of spirits
many water, sodas, juices, beer

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

-Bad
- Not given RA early checkin (0930 is not greedy like 8am or earlier)
- Feeling I got taken advantage of when again asked 1100 for early room, and only offered and hardsell and expensive upsell when IC BKK is already sold out and this upsell suite can not being sold anyway.
.... Still not happy about way this happened 10days or so later.

(SO... If I want a good suite, I'll book Conrad standard room and tick NOR1 Suite Upgrade. I get lovely Terrace Suite for 3300++ plus 4000++ upsell, which is preferred over IC Corner Suite upgrade I get by booking Clubroom at 6500++)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Upsell Value. POOR ! .. Feeling conned, hardly an upgrade from Corner Suite size or view wise. Will never let this happen again here at IC BKK.

PLUS the 6700++ upsell per night has not posted as room spend and points. Emailed IC Bangkok Lounge Manager to point this lack is incorrect but am being ignored so far

PS
Portuguese IC BKK Lounge Manager (H T de C) is moving on, 12th March starts at IC Berlin as Guest Relations Manager. Last day IC-BKK is 18th Feb

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Conrad will be getting many more of my stays from now on, and certainly will if I can't book entry level room at IC BKK next few visits.

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 9, 2016 at 8:08 am