FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:35 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
My dads first anniversary on his IHG card just passed and I am not seeing his free night. I thought the free night posted a few days before the anniversary date but I have only received a couple ( my card and my wife) free nights so I could be mistaken.

He got in on the Spire Elite deal last year and was awarded an extra 25K points but I didn't think this effected his annual free night which I am pretty sure was part of the Spire offer.

I sent an email to Chase but figured I would ask here in case that deal did not include a free annual night.

DH's account never got any email from IHG but the free night posted without hitch, with the exact date of the anniversary date.

Thanks
Mine didn't show up on the anniversary date, but rather towards the end of the anniversary week.

I did get an email from IHG a month before anniversary to inform me a free night was coming. No email on the posting. The duration of validity is kind of weird though - from 10/26/15 to 11/04/16. No idea why it is not exactly one year.

DH never received any email but his posted without glitch, again weird dates 01/04/16 to 01/13/17.

Seems there are additional 9 to 10 days padding to the validity.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 8, 2016 at 1:44 pm