FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:11 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Staying here now. I thought that I'd give them another chance as I hadn't been since the renovation. The decision has apparently been made to make it more of a 3* type place, I won't be going back again.

The doormen were rude with my taxi driver when I arrived, and I had to persuade the valet woman to give me change for a $20 - In the end she only had $18 change in total, so I had to take that to pay for the cab.

The hotel seemed low occupancy and had the full set of rooms available online but as a Platinum I was only upgraded one room class to what looked a pretty standard room - maybe a higher floor?

The room itself has clearly been pared down from pre-refit: There is no minibar, there is no closet (just a rail with a curtain) and it's not being properly cleaned - my TV had a big black mark over it and the shower was dirty.

Pretty poor effort. After recent experiences in New Orleans I worry the financial crisis has seen Starwood decide to take the W brand in the US outside of New York lower-end as most of its target market can't afford $250 a night at the moment.