FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worried about throwaway ticketing costing thousands
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:08 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When my Japanese husband was my boyfriend and then fiancé we occasionally did the throwaway ticketing thing, for just the reasons described by the OP. Did it with JAL and with BA.
I do understand the feelings of anxiety and the sense of dread state of thinking where any screw up might have dire, insurmountable consequences, but this really isn't worth spending any of that anxiety on. Save it for something else.

And I'll stick up for Moondog here, he's named himself well (dogs aren't always sweet tempered and he can be a bit of a curmudgeon ) but he's honest and loyal and has been exposed to hundreds of people who have traveled between the Far East and the USA under similar circumstances and with similar tickets as described by edaesq, if he thinks that this thread is stupid then that's great.
If he sensed there was a real problem or reason for concern than I can testify to his dogged patience and helpfulness.
Personally, I'd be delighted if I created this particular thread and got the same comment from moondog. There are very few (if any!) better allies on FT.