FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries Club North
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:23 am
bafan

Programs: BAEC
Galleries Club North

So, as I was flying up to Manchester yesterday evening, I decided to use the 'appropriate' lounge - Galleries Club North - because it was closest to the gate.

Naively I also thought it would be quieter than the a South lounges - I got there at around 4.45pm for a 6.15 flight.

How wrong I was. The lounge was very busy, and of course there was no hot food either (tho I knew that would be the case). So when I got the feedback email, I gave a score of 2 and my reasons - lounge very busy and no hot food.

About 10 minutes later I was tannoyed, and found the lounge manager waiting to speak to me. According to him, the lounge team is aware of the overcrowding issues and thinking of a solution - possibly having designated shorthaul (North) and longhaul (South) lounges. He also confirmed that the lounges are in the process of being refurbished and improved.

He also apologised about the lack of hot food and said it was a common complaint that was being fed back. He seemed to like my suggestions of, at least, all day jacket potatoes, or hot sandwiches, outside the official mealtimes.

In any event, I was impressed that he made the effort to speak to me and took a note of my comments.