FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:37 am
jkjetsetters

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by david4455
I would think twice before reserving or accepting a swim up room. They are NOT awesome. When I was there in November the swim up rooms were in the shade almost all day. I saw only one couple actually hanging out in their swim up pool...and frankly they looked so bored and more importantly...totally exposed. ( No privacy) This is a hotel where you need to be up as high as possible...the views are much better and the resort noise less. One bedroom plunge pool suite, whether you use the plunge pool or not..is way better then the swim up.

The wifi was surprisingly fast...the fastest I have ever experienced in a hotel....until...the weekend when the resort got quite crowded and I think their system was taxed by the quantity of users.
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear the internet is pretty good! And I will talk to my husband about the swim-up suites again & see what he thinks. We can't afford to book a 1bd plunge pool suite, so we'd only get one of those if we were lucky & happened to get upgraded by the resort. If we didn't book the swim-up, we'd book the base room & use a DSU for the Club Ocean Front Hot Tub room, but it didn't sound that great from reviews I've see. Anywho, thanks for your input!