FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding door closed and seat given away 25 mins before departure. Any recourse?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:08 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by exerda
Didn't cost me my seat, but they boarded my flight early this morning. I arrived exactly at the posted boarding time, and they were already into Group 5! Onboard, the F bins were full, though I managed to find space a few rows back for my bag (thankfully, my smallest rollaboard; my usual one wouldn't fit).

I appreciate getting out early as much as the next person, but why even publish a boarding time if it's not going to be followed?
The inconsistency of UA on this issue is maddening.

On our ps flights last weekend, they early boarded both flights such that the GAs were making "final call" when we showed up at the gate at T-25.

Then on the other hand I can't even begin to count the number of times I've shown up at the gate 15 minutes after the "starts" time shown on my BP only to discover that they haven't even opened the door to the jetway yet.