FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:35 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's more complicated than that. If I do a search for Redeem Points (while logged in and having points; dunno if that matters) around Stockholm for very close-in dates, I get nothing available. If I go out two weeks to two months (for example, the night of April 1), I still get nothing available except this one (apparently new?) property (out of 16):
Yasuragi, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hamndalsvagen 6, Saltsjo-Boo, 13281, SE
6.31 mi / 10.16 km
(0 Reviews)
Featured Amenities: High Speed Internet, Hot Breakfast, Smoke Free
20,000 PTS OR 6,000 PTS + $105 Per Night
(I'm glad I tried Stockholm first, or else I might have thought that no properties were ever returned. I just tried both Bergen and Oslo in Norway, and go zero properties available two months out.)

If they had taken away the ability to book Rewards Nights at Nordic Choice hotels, there wouldn't be this one exception. So I think it's something else, whether it's yet another website glitch or whether someone forgot to load the availability calendar from Nordic Choice to Choice International or what.

The fact that only a very new (?) property seems to be showing implies perhaps that some data didn't get loaded from Nordic Choice to Choice International, but that since this property was new it had to send that data separately, and that's why it's the only hotel that Choice International knows availability for.
Yasuragi has been part of the Choice redemption options in 2014, in 2015 and even in 2016. I don't know why it would be called new.

The new Nordic Choice property rooms that opened in recent weeks were not being made available for redemptions using Choice points from the non-Nordic Choice Club accounts. For example, Quality View in Malmo's rooms have never been made available for redemption nights using my US Choice points -- and this is the Nordic Choice group's newest property to have opened for regular paid stays.

What I'm left with for redemption night options in DK/NO/SE is basically the Ascend Hotel Collection properties.