FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:31 am
ASUDan130

Question its been over 24 months since I applied for the Sapphire so I cancelled the card and re-applied so I can get the bonus. There was a balance on the card which they said I had to pay off completely to process the application which I did. I was always under the impression that balanced would just be transferred for the newly applied card. Will this affect them in approving me because I did have the balance? I didn't realize about leaving time between the cancellation and re-applying. However, can't I say when if they issue the card but don't give me the bonus thats its been the required 24 months.

From the wiki: Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure. (See first bullet point above.)

Finally, note that if you reapply too soon, Chase may still issue you the new card. (This differs from some other card issuers, which may deny such applications outright.) In this case, Chase typically notifies you by letter within a month or two after approval that, as a previous cardholder, you will not receive the bonus a second time.

Last edited by ASUDan130; Feb 2, 2016 at 9:52 am