FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:51 pm
jalabi99

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
First of all:

Do Not Call Chase Recon.

Secondly:

Do not call Chase Recon.
You know, I get the feeling that you think I shouldn't call Chase recon...

I will just have to breathe into a paper bag and do some yoga or something to calm down and be patient and wait to hear one way or the other.

And I'd wait off on applying for the Freedom until the CSP app is finished. Lately Chase has been approving the second app first, and delaying the first one, and if you are only going to get one, you very much want the CSP instead of the Freedom.
Yes, that was my plan. I didn't want to apply for the Freedom before the CSP. I was hoping for an auto-approval today so that I could throw in my Freedom app immediately after my CSP app, but I shall wait...breathe, breathe...

Thank you for knocking some sense into my head RobertHanson.

By the way, since the CSP would only be my second app ever (I already have a Visa Signature from my bank), would it be harmful if I apply for another non-Chase card today? I got a Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card offer in the snail mail last week and my credit will be auto-frozen again in seven days. I unfroze my credit today specifically to do the CSP/Freedom, etc. apps.