FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reintroducing Early Boarding for Families with Children
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:34 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
I saw this on flights this weekend SFO-EWR-SJU-EWR-SFO. Several families with small children on the flights to/from San Juan. In both cases the GA's had apparently spoken with the families in advance and did not make a general announcement.

If they make it clear its only for infants and enforce it (as with all other aspects of the boarding process) seems like it should enhance the experience for everyone. I'd rather stand a little bit longer in the gate area for families to get to their seats and get settled, than stand on the jet bridge or in the aisles waiting. I assume the FA's are better able to assist them if they're the first on so should speed things up net/net.

(on edit) I agree with the comment that as a quid pro quo, the families should be politely asked to remain in their seats at deplaning to allow everyone else to get off. Same as has always been done for those with wheelchair assistance. Only makes sense and I'd think most parents would understand.

Overall I'd call this a plus! ^
Funny I saw a man get loud at SJU when they wouldn't pre-board him and his 5-7 year old son. He threw his bag on the ground and then the GA made him put it in the sizer it was too big and she made him gate check it.

I get if if a family has an infant and a bigger kid that's fine don't break them up or play hardball.
What I see sometimes is when a group of 7 (not joking) boarded together with one wheel chair.