FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:45 am
bobert24

Applied for a personal cobranded card, got "Decision Pending". Automated application line says 2 weeks, which appears to be a good thing.

I also have a prequalified mailer for the Ink Plus, and was hoping to apply for that one today too. Trying to decide if this is a good or bad plan.

Bad:
- The Ink App could show up later when someone is reviewing my first app, and make me less likely to be approved for the first card

Good:
- Chase has traditionally (at least for me/my state) combined HPs from apps on the same day, even a mix of business and personal
- I may not get approved for the first card anyway, in which case I'd have to indicate on the Ink app that I had been denied for credit by Chase

I'm way over 5/24, but neither of these cards should be affected by that. I see lots of people have applied for a second card while one was still pending, but results seem to be mixed. I haven't been able to find a pattern that indicates how it affects your chances. Anybody?

Last edited by bobert24; Feb 1, 2016 at 11:20 am