FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DXB J Lounge sucks. Am I the only one who feels that way?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:51 am
GEB74

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
As ever, it depends what time you use the lounge as to the experience you get.
I went through B lounge last week at a quietish time of 8pm for 2 hours or so. As we all know 4-5 hours later would be a different story............
Lounge 75% empty
Shower block completely empty and 100% clean and tidy
No queue at bar / food counter.
Costa coffee, zero customers.
Food counter is awful though - I took a look, baulked, picked up a bottle of Voss and went to Costa for a tea and cake!

As a truly lowly Silver member of Etihad Guest, I hate to say this, but their Silver tier works well. You get in their lounges at outposts as a Silver member travelling in Y, BUT either leaving or transiting AUH, they don't let you in their J lounge, you have to go to the third party Al Reem lounge instead. This reduces the loading into Etihads own lounge significantly.
Al Reem is a poky, crowded sh*thole with a grand total of 2 showers (in different places). Transiting AUH last week, it was that busy, I actually paid to go to the Al Dhabi lounge (much better experience).

Maybe EK should downgrade Silver members in a similar way whilst transiting DXB??