FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful Experience with Best Western Plus O'Hare South
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:39 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tianyu411
Actually, how much is it going to cost them for the shuttle service? I travel through Ord a lot, if they handle this situation properly, I will be happy to see them again and again. I am not riding the shuttle for a über ride. The shuttle should be a very basic service for hotel around airport, same as asking an extra towel.
If you're going to be around there again, I suggest you contact the hotel in advance, explain that you want to come to pick up the watch (since they won't mail it to you), but you need to take the shuttle (without a reservation) to get to the hotel (to pick up the watch). The hotel should be able to make a note that "this customer can take the shuttle" despite not having a reservation, that shouldn't cost them anything.

There's a big difference between a hotel shuttle generally not accepting walkup passengers without a reservation and a hotel not allowing for an exception when contacted in advance. But you've only explained having the first experience, not the second one.