FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:44 pm
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by wco81
Is he talking about the one for first class only, as in QF has separate lounges for business class and first class?
QF has separate lounges at SYD and MEL (and other airports but we can focus on those for now, the others aren't so significant in their differences) in the respective international terminals for business class and first class. I've not had occasion to use the business class lounge internationally with QF, but from what I've seen, it certainly isn't bad, in fact is quite good. But the first lounges at SYD and MEL are a clear level above and are world-class. And, all internationally departing OW first class passengers (AA, JL, in addition to QF) have access to the international terminal QF first class lounge at SYD or MEL (depending on specific departure point). However, a non-OWE internationally departing business class passenger would not have access to the first class lounge, "only" to the business class lounge.

With no apologies to deal killing blogger, I personally know more about QF, flying QF, booking QF awards, enjoying QF lounges, and using AA miles to Australia and New Zealand than he does. The collective knowledge here on top of that completely outdoes him in every way and it isn't even close.