FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:47 am
kenbo

Originally Posted by tvelinsk
I would check again tomorrow morning which room they have planned for you - room assignments are made by the night clerk the night before you check in. You may find tomorrow morning you are assigned a completely different room. If you are happy with the room assigned or with one of the other choices you are given in the 'select a room' popup, I would say take it.

On my last trip I was given a room on a high floor ocean tower about 3 rooms in from the ocean end when I looked the morning of our trip, but I didn't do the online check in because I was hoping for an even better upgrade if possible. When I got there and checked in, they tried to give me a room on the 4th floor as far from the ocean as you could get. I protested and was given a room on the 12th floor about in the middle, but not nearly as good as the room I would have gotten if I had checked in before arriving.
I had the opposite experience. I was pre-booked into an ocean front room on the 7th floor and chose to wait. Later on I saw that I was bumped down to the 5th floor. When I checked-in, I asked about a room on a higher floor and they said the new room was actually the best available. It was a corner room that was larger than others. I was happy with the change, but at HHV, this could obviously go either way.