FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Colorado Springs hotel with large, indoor swimming pool
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:15 pm
pseudoswede
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Colorado Springs hotel with large, indoor swimming pool

I am helping organize and participate in an event at the Olympic Training Center over Valentine's Day weekend (in two weeks). Rather than try to make the daily commute back and forth from home (since I'll be there from 7am to who knows how late every day), I'm contemplating the idea of bringing my family down for a quasi-staycation.

When my family is not at said-event, I'd like for my kids to enjoy an indoor swimming pool at the hotel. I have stayed at a Days Inn Air Force Academy and the Fairfield Inn in the past (team hotel for gymnastics meets), and those pools were tiny.

(Fairfield Inn's pool)

Two hotels on my short list are Cheyenne Mountain Resort and The Antlers*. I'm going to assume that both hotels will have pools larger than the one above, right? I'm currently leaning towards The Antlers due to it's proximity to the US OTC. Are there any other hotels near downtown COS that I should consider?

* - I'm not a hotel snob by any means. The cheaper, the better. Always. That said, we're staying at the Broadmoor next weekend for the Pikes Peak Cup--I couldn't pass up a $195/night superior room.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Jan 28, 2016 at 1:26 pm