FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:34 am
EJS464

Programs: UA 1K MM, Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jww947
It has been a while since someone posted on this thread so I will ask the question instead of opening a new thread.

I am heading to Disneyland June 2016 and we are thinking about staying at one of the hotels on the resort. My wife and I have three small kids (9,6,6) and I am sure they will be tired walking around which is why we are stay close to the park.

Other than location and cost is there really any difference between the three hotels. The pictures make all the rooms in each hotels look the same.
Disneyland Hotel - largest rooms, excellent pool area, considered the middle tier of the three hotels, and probably the most kid-friendly of the three (although all of them certainly are).

Grand Californian - same room size as the Paradise Pier but with significantly better furnishings for a more luxurious feel, most convenient location to the parks and restaurants in Downtown Disney, considered the top tier of the three hotels.

Paradise Pier - same room size as the Grand Californian, most inconvenient location since you have to cross the street via a crosswalk. Considered the bottom tier of the three hotels but I would not classify it as a motel like a previous poster mentioned.

With small kids I would lean toward the Disneyland Hotel if price is not your primary factor. The larger room size at the Disneyland Hotel will also be beneficial with five of you in a room.