FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:43 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I

I now see that we can put a "bid" for an upgrade from Y to C online when on LH.com - lowest bid is $765 or thereabouts.

I don't think that there is a particular thread for this option (I see for PE upgrades, not for biz), so I thought that it might belong here.

Question: Would your fare basis remain the same if you "bid" for the upgrade (which is equivalent to using miles @USD 0.015/mile) or would you move into a revenue biz fare? I gather we would not.

This upgrading semi-fiasco almost warrants one buying the P-fare for almost the same amount of equivalent value - which was available a week ago, but I had some upgrade instruments available...
Plusgrade is for PE and C nowadays. The booking class changes to P/Z when you win the bid, but fare basis stays the same. So you earn more miles, but stay in the same restrictive fare corridor.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...pgrade-pe.html