FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:40 am
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
$100 Z34 credit not available on promotional (gov't or corp.) rates

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post #2520)
You have to use rate code z34 to get the $100 credit - not available for a corp/govt rate.
Thank you. This is worth remembering.
Standard one-night Tier 1-4 retention bonus

For whomever may be interested, I just got the now-standard retention bonus of 5K additional points and one free night (Tier 1-4), if I spend $5K within 90 days.

I pointed out that I hadn't used any of my $300 credit last year, and were there any bonuses, such as a free night, to make my annual fee worthwhile?

The rep was very helpful and didn't try to argue that, having spent over $75K last year to get Marriott Rewards Platinum, and thus, UA Silver Premier (so I could transfer 50K UA miles to Marriott last year and again this year), I wasn't really likely to give all that up by cancelling now.

My wife cancelled her JPM Ritz-Carlton Visa card, so I did change one of my sons' Lounge Club memberships from being associated with my card rather than hers, by ordering a new one for him. I shouldn't forget my wife, either!

I hope they re-open the 140K signup bonus offer in another year, so my wife can take advantage of it again.

I will try to make Platinum every other year, charging higher than usual estimated taxes, especially in the 4th quarter and upon tax filing. Plus my $24K annual rent, etc. I can't wait for my college-age sons to begin paying estimated taxes on my card! (After all the loans I took out for them.)

Also reported in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26093540-post675.html (Post # 675).