FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your24 is pretty much worthless... what's the point of hitting 75 nights?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:46 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by GGR
I am SPG Plat75 for a couple of years now, and have been noticing that the Your24 benefit is becoming pretty much useless as properties are starting to play gimmicks and rendering it just another marketing ploy to lure people.

I have had properties declining a Your24 request before on the bogus ground that they "project high occupancy" for the dates on my reservation (note: they're not claiming that there actually is high occupancy on those dates, they simply anticipate there might eventually be high occupancy if things go as they hope), but since these declined requests were submitted several months before hand, I wouldn't make a big deal out of the properties' defensive attitudes

This time I have a reservation for early March and my 5 PM check-in/check-out Your24 request was again declined because the hotel "projects high occupancy" 5 weeks from now --- nevermind that on the spg app I can find availability for up to 9 rooms (maximum allowed) in the same category as in my reservation for the date I'll be checking out.

I just feel I have been duped by Starwood's fake promises and played around by the hotel.

The property in question is W Verbier.
Have you read any portion of this thread?
Discussion: Plats at 75 nights/year = 4 points per $ and Your24 check-in time

1.What is Your24™?

SPG Members who qualify for Your24 can request up to 48 hours prior to arrival any check-in time they like for an upcoming stay. If the request is confirmed, their check-out time will then be at that same time on their departure date. SPG Members checking in between 9 a.m. and 4 pm are still eligible for late checkout. Requests are subject to availability; however, the SPG Member will be informed in advance of check-in whether the hotel can accommodate the request.
Not sure why a second thread is needed to discuss the benefits of this elite tier.