FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Yet another) New strategy for AF - "Plan A+"
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:49 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
After all posters so far have agreed that the airline management is more or less out of their minds, I have read an article that makes me think that there is some real competition for who is actually more stupid http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...on-545997.html

Most of us here found management to lenient with trade union demands, too generous and doing too little to improve performance. But it seems they were not, because the trade unions flat-out rejected the new plan. Instead, they issued a very long list of demands, including fleet growth, the introduction of the 787, and obviously guarantees that no jobs will be cut or outsourced. Obviously there is no mentioning of productivity increases. Or any thinking how to make the other part of the equation - finding enough passengers and cargo paying enough money for their trip - should be achieved.
For once, I tend to disagree with you.

Management announced several wildly different plans in a few months, including the last two which seem to be in two different warp zones. They have lost any credibility down to zilch. (Actually, I am using the most moderate words I can, despite the temptation to follow Orbitmic's lead).
If I were on the other side of the negotiating table, I would not try to play management games anymore. I would simply state my wishes and let management come around once more.