FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Varadero to Havana - Anything to see along the way?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:10 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
No Wi-FI at airport. I strongly recommend booking the BUS on viazul.com as the seats do sell out. Make sure you book Varadero Airport to Havana.

The Bus does not take long. If you arrive at 1:30Pm and get the Bus at 4:30pm. Personally I take the car, it usually takes about 2 hours.

The only option you have is to negotiate when you land in Varadero, see what they say, but at the same time book the bus. So if you get a cheap rate for a taxi then just take the taxi. I usually pay 80 CUC so if you get a rate of 80 CUC or less then book the cab.

http://www.transfersincuba.com/search-results

www.viazul.com
I guess I could always possibly luck out and maybe find a ride share for less, but at 80 CUC (plus bus) the end cost is the same as the "cheap" taxi and bus (total cost)
Short of a deal of course.
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Does the Viazul bus still leave VRA at 1630? Yeah, that is a long time to wait unless your WS flight is late.

I'd suggest doing what I did. Go to Matanzas for the afternoon, spend the night there, and head to Havana by Viazul the next day, You'll come out ahead financially.

Not much infrastructure at VRA unfortunately and I doubt there is wifi or internet access of any sort but things may change/have changed (e.g., no public wifi in April 2015 but in more places now).
I can't go to Matanzas since I have a booking in Havana for the evening, but good to know!
Guess I'll read at the airport and/or people watch.

I hope I get checked luggage at least...